November 2017 Prototype Release
This month was really rough for me for reasons unrelated to Citybound, so I'm a little late with this release and haven't been able to offer any Patrons Calling livestreams this month - I'm really sorry!
I worked hard and focused on getting done the most important goals I set for this release:
November 2017 Prototype "Rural Town" (v0.3.0)
- More resources types (meat, dairy goods, baked goods, flour, grain, produce, ...)
- More businesses, now with their own resource needs which they fulfil with car trips
- Generalised families and businesses into a "Household Core" + needs/offers configuration to rapidly add new and diverse business types to the game
- First example of resource chains / industry dependencies for the case of groceries
- Introducing abstract links to "neighboring towns", offering import/export of goods and employment "across the region"
- First attempt at precisely balancing the economy using spreadsheets (see video for details)
Get the prototype
- Next month I will work on building lots and zoning
Let me know what you think and see you all soon!