The Road to Alpha, Week 5 - Every Town Starts Small
Discussion on /r/Citybound
I decided to make a commentated video for this update, I hope you enjoy it!
(best viewed in HD)
What I did
Made the procedural building system dynamic,so buildings are generated all the time and not just once.
Connected the procedural building system with the zoning system
- Different zone types have different typical lot sizes.
- Lots are constrained to zone boundaries.
- Lots now are just rectangles, but in the future will become more complex shapes to fill out as much of the available space as possible.
Implemented a procedural geometry system for buildings
- Started to create a vocabulary of architectural patterns
- Created low density building styles for agriculture, residential, mixed residential/commercial, commercial and industrial zones
What I will probably do next
- Implement basic needs & resources simulation of citizens, businesses and factories
- Connect that to the zoning & building system and to the traffic simulation
Until next week!